Themes and General Guidelines for Magazine Submissions Below
Subscribe to our e-mailing list for updates on submissions, issue release dates, news and more!
Our magazine features magic, fantasy, and surreal art. Images submitted may be inspired by makeup or fashion. There must be some kind of fantasy element in your work, however. You may also submit illustration, digital art, sculpture, painting, fashion designs, jewelry designs, etc. The focus of work featured is around humans in some way, shape, or form.
Remember that every single artist who submits work will hear back from us either way. However, you will be hearing from us closer to the submission deadline date or during the days after. In most cases, we will not reply the day we receive your submission.
Please, take a look at our upcoming themes here.
1. We accept, only, NEW and UNPUBLISHED images. Please, do not submit images that you have posted online, in another publication or elsewhere previously. We will be checking social media pages and websites before letting you know if your submitted work is accepted or not. This is a challenge! WE KNOW, we are artists too and get anxious when we create something crazy cool and cannot post it but #cmwantstochallengeyou! Images can be from any visual medium... photography, painting, illustration, fashion design, digital art, makeup etc. The idea is for all images to have some kind of surreal and fantastical twist to them. It is okay to post a sneak peek by cropping and "zooming" into some kind of detail in the image.
2. Email submissions to email@example.com
Email header should read: "Issue 011 Submission, (Name of your theme here)". Please, include credits and web links from all of those that worked with you on your shoot/images or collaborated in some way (make sure you have the correct information by double checking with ALL persons involved). After we confirm the information with you on our draft check and the issue has been published, we will NOT go back and edit the works. So, make sure that everything we confirmed with you is correct. Otherwise, it will stay that way. Also, include a short description of the works and a mini artist statement/bio.
(Side note: Make sure that no one from your team of collaborators submits the images you have submitted to us to other publications or anywhere online before your work is published on our issue.)
3. Send in 1-5 images in low or high resolution. If your images are chosen, we will request you to provide high-resolution files at 300dpi, sized 8.5 inches by 11 inches. If your images are in landscape format, make sure that your subject is not in the center. If they are, then we will most likely have to publish the image in a small scale as otherwise, the subject will be in the centerfold of the magazine and therefore, not be appreciated as it deserves. In addition, when sending the high res file of landscape format images, send them at 18 inches on the long side. If your images are square format, send them at 8 or 11 inches.
4. We will also be accepting fantasy, short story and/or fashion film submissions. These should have some kind of fantastical storyline to them (not necessarily special effects). We want to begin to push the community to explore different mediums and expand their creativity. Short films will be published on website and social media channels.
5. You must be the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder to submit the images or videos.
SHORT FILM SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
1. You must be the copyright holder to the video being submitted, or have permission from the copyright holder to submit the video on his/her behalf.
2. You have the necessary licensing rights to use any song and/or score present in the video.
3. You may send in a link to the video or a low resolution version through the email. If video is accepted, we will require a YouTube link so that we may upload the video to our website (of course, with credit given to you).
ARTICLE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Want to submit and interview or art related article to our magazine? We would be happy to take a look at your proposal!
1. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your proposal and introduction. Tell us what you want to write about and why? Talk to us about your topic. Are you able to write in a clear and descriptive manner? Do you have a writing sample? If you have one, feel free to send it to us as well.
2. Send us links to your blog/website/social media.
3. Your article/interview must have photos included. These photos must fall under our aesthetic and brand style. Take a look at our pinterest boards, website, and social media accounts to learn more about our aesthetic. We will not be able to accept your submission if the imagery doesn't tell the story we are looking for. Find yourself an artist or photographer! :) If you are interviewing an artist, ask for 8-15 of their most favorite works, sized for web and send in those images with your interview.